Monday, August 13, 2007

Betrayal

So today I am talking to my best friend. Her and I hadnt been talking because my partner and her had become "buddy buddy". I have this thing, where...call me selfish but I don't want my bestfriend to be my partners bestfriend. I don't care if they are friends. As they should be, but I dont want my bestfriend to be the person my partner is always running to and confiding in. Anyhow...I guess my partner told my best friend that she cheated on me. I have sense confronted her on this issue.

See, my partner is forever insistent that I am cheating on her. She has had that made up in her mind for a while now. She told me that my b.f. said that she was concerned for her ( partner). That she thought I might be cheating on her because of something I told her about a co-working. I never said anything about cheating! So my partner tells her that she cheated on me. That she had a moment of weakness.

My world feels like it is falling apart. I confronted DP about this and she claims that she never said she cheated on me. She claims that she never told her that she had a moment of weakness. However when confronted in front of my B.F. she says that she only said it because she thought I cheated and wanted me to hurt like she was. She told me that she didn't want to do it, that she was forced to. She has still been talking to this person and she (DP) says that it happened 2 years ago but didn't want to tell me about it them because I said that if she ever cheated on me I would leave her. Which is true, I did say that. The story of what happened has changed so many times I don't know what to believe. I feel betrayed and very angry.

I don't understand how you can go from cheating to someone hurting you. They are not the same, not even on the same page. I feel very torn. Being a survivor myself, my first instinct when anyone says that someone hurt them like that...I want to believe them with out question. I feel so confused. I don't want to think that my B.F. would lie to me but at the same time I don't I do not want to think that anyone would lie to me.

No comments: